Square is located in the Old
Town of Cervia and its
origin dates back to1697
square, originally built with river pebbles, represented the civil and
religious center where today the two most representative architectures face
one opposite the other: theTown Hall and the Cathedral.
On June 18, 1699
the church, designed by Fontana started to being built and works
lasted until 1702 when, on June 8th, the first Mass was celebrated.
The simple facade of stone looks incomplete
(the original project included an elegant paneling with marble slabs).
The building is only visible from three sides, since the North is adjacent to
the Bishop's Palace, dating back to 1702. In 1750 the bell Tower was added to the Church.